Vision and Mission
The vision of the AAE is for the actuarial profession in Europe to be, and to be recognised as being, the leading quantitative professional business advisers in financial services, in risk management and in the financing of social protection, contributing to the well-being of society, with European institutions recognising the valuable role that the AAE plays as a leading adviser on actuarial issues.
To enhance the role of the AAE, on behalf of the actuarial profession in Europe, as an objective, independent, professional, leading adviser, contributor and spokesperson to European institutions and stakeholders on all matters of actuarial relevance, widely recognised and respected in this role, in pursuit of the public interest.
To create added value for the actuarial profession in Europe and to provide support by sharing, encouraging, facilitating and resourcing in order to
- enhance the quality of actuarial work to the benefit of the public and the users of actuarial advice
- promote professionalism
- develop model standards and to encourage member associations to adopt
- encourage advancement of actuarial education, research, science and practice
- promote the role of the actuarial profession in protecting the consumer
- promote a wide ranging role for actuaries as business advisers and influencers as well as technical experts
- provide opportunities for networking and encourage sharing of best practice across Europe
- respect the principle of subsidiarity