European standards of actuarial practice
The AAE develops European Standards of Actuarial Practice (ESAPs) which are model standards of practice. It is important to note that ESAPs are model standards of actuarial practice and, as such, are not binding on any actuary. The AAE encourages its member associations and other actuarial standard-setters to have in place standards of practice that are substantially consistent with the ESAPs listed below, to the extent that the content of these ESAPs is appropriate for actuaries in their jurisdiction.
This page also lists related European Actuarial Notes (EANs) which have been issued by AAE, together with statements of the Due Process for developing ESAPs and EANs, their purpose and criteria.
- ESAP 1: General Actuarial Practice – revision issued 11 October 2019
- Glossary for ESAP 1 – issued 11 October 2019
- ESAP 2: Actuarial Function Report under Directive 2009/138/EC (Solvency II) – issued 4 February 2016
- ESAP 3: Actuarial practice in relation to the ORSA process under Solvency II – issued 2 August 2017
- EAN 1: EAN on ESAP 3 and ORSA – 25 May 2020